Premier Cup Logo
  • Match Report: 07 - Maties FC vs Belhar Spurs

    Date published: 17 April 2019 by Bongani Silandu

    Match Report: 07 - Maties FC vs Belhar Spurs

    The game started on a high with Maties Fc playing a very high pressing game.

    The 1st scoring opportunity of the match fell to Diego Barnes of Belhar Spurs but he failed to convert in spite of some wonderful passing exchanges.

    Maties Fc Zico February was the 1st player to go into the referees’ book after a reckless tackle in the middle of the pitch got him getting a yellow card for his troubles.

    Belhar Spurs had another opportunity to take the lead but Lee-Hogan Bezuidenhout failed to hit the target from close range.

    Maties Fc striker Daylin February forced the Belhar Spurs goalkeeper Chadley Witbooi into a wonderful save from a powerful shot from outside the box.

    Belhar Spurs continued to utilize the width of the field looking to upset Maties Fc and they almost scored after Lee-Hogan Bezuidenhout put in a tantalizing cross from right flank, which found an unmarked Ra’ees Welcome, but he failed to hit the target.

    Maties Fc almost took the lead but Belhar Spurs was saved by their goal keeper as he pulled a double save to deny Zico February of Maties Fc his scoring chance.

    Belhar Spurs decided to make a tactical change by taking out Keanu Brown for Angelo Petersen.

    Belhar Spurs continued to use the speed of Dino Holland upfront in order to create goal scoring opportunities for them but Maties Fc defence had the perfect plan to stop him.

    The game went into the half time break with both teams goalless.

    Half Time Score: Maties Fc (0) - (0) Belhar Spurs

    The 2nd half got off to a slow start neither of the two teams creating clear scoring opportunities.

    Belhar Spurs made their 2nd change by taking out Ra’ees Welcome and bringing in Teague Cupido. They went close when Lee-Hogan found himself unmarked in the box failed to capitalize as his shot flew over the cross bar.

    Maties Fc were slowly getting back into the game and their number 3 forced a save from the goal keeper of Belhar Spurs with a powerful long range drive.

    Maties FC made their 1st change of the game by bringing in Joshwin Khan for Quen Clarke .

    Maties Fc now started to dominate proceedings more and more, and they almost got the lead as their new addition Joshwin Khan forced the Spurs keeper into a decisive save.

    Maties Fc made their 2nd change of the match by bringing in Bevan Roman for Zico February.

    A collision with the Belhar Spurs striker led to Maties Fc replacing their goal keeper Sikonathi Honono as he struggled to get back on his feet.

    The 2nd yellow card of the match was showed to Shaquil Van Kerwel of Maties Fc after he made a horrific tackle on the Spurs creative maestro Ryan Paulse.

    The Maties Fc striker Daylin February wasted a final chance to seal the game when he chose to pass instead of shooting inside the box.

    The 3 minutes of referee’s optional time brought no joy for either side.

    The game ended goalless with both sides surely feeling disappointed with too many cleargoal scoring opportunities wasted.

    Final Score: Maties FC (0) - (0) Belhar Spurs